Updated 08/03/2012 09:43 PM
Officials: Gas leak caused Corning home explosion
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
CORNING, N.Y. -- Fire officials are now saying that a home explosion in Corning Friday morning was caused by a gas leak.
Officials say Robert Young, 86, and his grandson, Paul Young, 38, were working on plumbing at Robert's house at 48 Wilson Street when it happened.
Officials say the leak found an ignition source causing the explosion, but they are still unsure of where the leak was.
Neighbors and witnesses say they could feel the explosion on the other side of the city.
Seven homes were severely damaged, with three of them being deemed uninhabitable.
Both Robert and Paul Young are being treated at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester for serious burn injuries. They are both listed in guarded condition.