Updated 12/12/2012 04:41 PM
Crews respond to fire at Jamesville-DeWitt maintenance garage
The fire is out, but not after substantial damage was done to a bus garage in DeWitt. The fire broke out late Wednesday morning. Katie Gibas has more.
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. -- Buses, snow plows and maintenance equipment were destroyed after a DeWitt garage caught on fire.
About seven workers were inside when the fire started. Everyone escaped without injury.
Firefighters put the fire out within 45 minutes, but substantial damage was done to the building and equipment inside.
Crews say flammable and explosive items made it difficult to extinguish.
"It's a shared space, its transportation as well as maintenance, so there's lawn mowers, school buses, vehicles, gasoline, solvents, things like that inside the building," said DeWitt Fire Captain Randy Griffin.
Firefighters are still investigating what sparked the flames.